Saturday 14 January 2012

2011 In Review

Early on in 2011 I made a promise to myself to record and review all the books I read. This blog was going to function as my personal reading diary, showing trends and themes in my reading as well as tracking how much (or how little) I was reading. I read somewhere on 43 Things how a user had set himself the target of reading 1 book a week in order to achieve the generic goal of “read more”. That seemed like a lot to me.

I vowed that I wouldn't begin another book until I'd published a review of the last one. Fortunately for me, I shamelessly flaunted that rule. If I hadn’t, I would've read only a handful of books this year. In fact I've read around 60 (including graphic novels).

About halfway through 2011, my anal retentiveness kicked in and I began to find it necessary to record the dates I finished each books, for reasons of record-keeping and general smugness. So what I now have is a chronological list of everything I've read this year, that I haven't blogged at all.

So guess what the next couple of blog entries are going to be?

You got it, a stock-taking retrospective whistle-stop tour of everything I read last year. At least then I can start to write about what I’m reading in 2012. If I make it past February 2011 that is…

To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment