Tuesday 5 August 2014

Morning Computer

I've been feeling inspired this morning by Warren Ellis's daily writing site: morning.computer, in which he commits an act of daily journalism by jotting down a brief paragraph or two. It's a splatterboard for his thoughts, way to connect with his readers (the term "PR" just doesn't feel right applied to Warren),  and - I suspect - a way to practise writing for writing's sake, without the need to perfect, promote or polish.

If you're a fan of Ellis, you won't be surprised to learn that these posts can cover anything from thoughts on tech, history, book and cinema reviews/rereads and the general demands for MORE WHISKEY NOW OHMYGOD WHY IS THE SUN ALREADY SHINING.

This is one of my favourites: http://morning.computer/2014/07/notebooking/

Sample:

"I’ve tried making notes on my phone, and it’s fine for some time-sensitive reminders, but for development and that certain writer’s form of “thinking out loud,” nothing works better for me than making marks on paper. I am trained to not be able to fully apprehend a thought until it’s in front of me."

I may return to this blog yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment